- Internet of Things systems design.
- Machine to machine systems design.
- Software architecture.
- Video coding, H264 and MPEG2.
- Image processing.
- Digital signal processing.
- Mobile technology systems development.
- Mobile applications design and development.
- Augmented reality algorithms and systems development.
- Mobile commerce (payment and ticketing) systems design and development.
- Air pollution monitoring devices and systems.
- Mobile browsers, mobile messaging, webki.
Undisclosed Company, CTO and Co-Founder, 2005 - Present
- Creation and delivery of the company's products to the marketplace by managing technical risks and opportunities.
- Defining the architecture of the products, business and technical negotiations with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Writing project proposals resulting in 6 EU-funded FP7, 2 national research and development, and commercial projects in the area of Internet of Things, Machine to Machine and Smart Cities.
- Building the company from the start by defining company's strategy, product portfolio, assessing the risks and selecting the right profile of people for all the teams including test, development, architects, product and project management and human resources.
- The company has established product portfolio in M2M, Telemedicine, mCommerce, (Mobile Payment and Mobile Ticketing) and mobile games development with its clients world-wide.
- The company is structured into three main units; DNET Game Studio, DNET Innovation Centre, and DNET Smart Lab.
- Architecting complex systems that provide services to millions of users such as, mobile ticketing, mobile payment platform, telemedicine, mobile games, machine to machine (M2M) and Augmenter Reality based tools for marketing and gaming products.
- Clients have been architected and designed for various embedded OS such as Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile and Java.
- Server systems have been designed and developed in .NET framework with MSSQL or MySQL based DB.
- Overall development process of the products in terms of the project management, technical leadership and resource management.
Myriad Group AG, Consulting Systems Architect, 2008 - 2011
- Design of cloud servers including optimal load balancing and database clustering at the following locations: Chambery, Manchester, Tokyo, France, United Kingdom and Japan.
- Development of the mobile browser based on WebKit.
- Design of a new mobile phone platform based on the embedded Linux OS.
- Design of the complete HTTP stack.
- Image codec optimization.
- Design of all of the aspects of the security framework on the mobile platform.
- Design of the browser and messaging services on the embedded mobile phone platforms.
- Design of the abstraction APIs to be used within the script execution environment for the application design in the mobile phone environment.
- Architecture for the porting of the existing products onto Linux, BREW and Symbian OS.
- Video transcoding solution (for DLNA) based on cloud computing, FFMEG and squid proxy.
- Dynamic Adaptive Browsing techniques on Android platform.
Openwave Inc., Mancheste, U.K., Principle Software Engineer, 2004 - 2008
- Integration of Openwave's products (messaging and browsers) onto the customer's mobile phones including Qualcomm, Sagem, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Motorola, LGE.
- Providing support for the customer remotely and on-site, resolving integration issues in the areas of DRM, layout, image codecs, network protocol stacks, and messaging stacks (POP3, IMAP4, MMS, SMS).
- Development of new products such as email client based on the java script front-end.
- Image decoder (JPEG, GIF, PNG) optimization which resulted in significant performance improvements and on novel image processing algorithms for content-aware scaling especially suitable for the mobile browsers.
- Design of video transcoding systems for streaming which involved analysis of the current solution being employed within Openwave and proposal of alternative solutions that could be used in order to provide better quality of service.
- Developed an outsourcing team of 20 engineers for integration, core development and feedback to company's project managers.
magic4 Ltd., Manchester, U.K., Technical Team Leader, 2003 - 2004
- Integration of magic4 messaging clients into customer's mobile phone system (e.g. HTTP and WAP protocol stack, device drivers) and into network provider's system (e.g. SMS and MMS servers).
- Clients serviced: Samsung, Motorola, Broadcom Verizon, and Phillips.
- Integration work was carried out at magic4 or customer offices, (working internationally in; Taiwan, Brazil, USA, Germany, France).
- Technical team leadership work, managing teams of up to 30 engineers.
VICS, Manchester, U.K., Research and Development Scientist, 2000 - 2003
- Research and development in architecting novel algorithms for video coding that enable high quality video streaming at bit rates as low as 9.6 kbps.
- The work has been focused in the areas of motion estimation/compensation, vector quantization, discrete wavelet transform, Huffman and arithmetic coding, color conversion and self-organizing neural networks.
- Participated in software design, development, optimization and testing in order to implement the video codecs in real-time on wide spectrum of processing platforms ranging from powerful PC video encoding engines to small embedded DSP powered devices such as PDA'a and GSM, GPRS and 3G mobile phones (based on Motorola, ARM7, ARM9 and StrongARM DSPs).
- Developed the software using C/C++, Visual C++, assembler and Java programming languages for mobile service providers, phone manufacturers and content providers.
Honors & Publications
- Developed lectures on C/C++ programming for BEng., Electronics course.
- Provided tutorials and setting the final examinations.
- Supervised and assessed student final year projects in the areas of digital image and signal processing and digital control using conventional and parallel processing techniques.
Civil and Electronic Engineer
- Areas studied: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Art and Literature, History and civil engineering related subjects.
- Fifty subjects were studied in depth including; number of modules in Analogue and Digital Telecommunications, Statistical Theory of Telecommunications, Electromagnetic Theory, Linear, Pulse and Digital Electronics, VLSI Design, Linear Integrated Electronics, Control Theory, Acoustics, Numerical Methods, Applied Programming using C and FORTRAN, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Physics and Quantum Physics.
- Fluent in Serbian
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of IERC-European Research Cluster on the Internet of Things
- Member of programme committee of Internet of Things Forum
- Expert consultant of European Commission Research programmes
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author for numerous publications, (in educational text, symposiums, international conferences and peer reviewed journals).
- Integrated marketing and ticket and voucher selling using mTicketing and Augmented Reality concept, (Patent Application - Serbian Intellectual Property Office).
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Machine Vision, Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, U.K.
- M.S. Electronic Systems Engineering, (With Honors), Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, U.K
- B.S. Electronics and Communications, (With Honors), University of Novi Sad, Yugoslavia