- Environmental, health and safety in environmental field services; decontamination, demolition, remediation, EHS management systems, compliance auditing and risk assessment.
- Assessing compliance for state, federal EPA and OSHA regulators, within various industries.
- Machine guarding compliance and risk assessments in diverse industries; aerospace, defense, automotive, chemicals, power generation equipment manufacturing, primary metals, and general equipment manufacturing to both U.S. and EU standards.
- Corporate level EHS standards and site specific procedures for all aspects of environmental, health, and safety compliance and management systems.
- Job hazard assessments, process risk assessments, process hazard analysis across a wide variety of industries.
- High quality, interactive training.
- EHS compliance matters at large, complex manufacturing facilities in the aerospace industry.
Undisclosed Company, Branch Manager, Sr. Project Director, 2008 - Present
- Regional Lead of a team providing a broad range of technical EHS services.
- Responsible for business development, project execution and staff professional development.
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft, Middletown, CT, Site EHS Manager, 2006 - 2008
- Acting EHS Director of Operations and Site EHS Manager of a 2,500-employee facility, ISO 14001- and OHSAS 18001-registered site, conducts machining, sub assembly, final assembly, and testing of commercial and military jet engines.
- Restored staffing deficiencies and led the EHS program turnaround.
- Directly responsible for all EHS regulatory compliance including external reporting and direct interface with regulatory agencies.
- Directly managed five full-time staff.
- Site Manager of a 9,100-employee facility a ISO 14001- and OHSAS 18001-registered site, conducts research and development, jet engine development testing, machining, and other metal processing, sub assembly, and overhaul and repair of aircraft engine components.
- Directly responsibility for all EHS regulatory compliance including external reporting and direct interface with regulatory agencies. Directly managed twelve full-time professional staff.
Sikorsky Aircraft, Stratford, CT, EHS Manager - Operations, 2002 - 2005
- EHS Manager Operations reorganized the EHS function by integrated separate functional EHS staffs to a single team of 19 professionals with overall EHS compliance and management system responsibility for Sikorsky Connecticut Operations, including five locations encompassing 2.6 million square feet and approximately 7,500 people.
- Reduced production operations' Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) 51% and lost work day incident rate 59%
- Developed standard work for EHS integration in lean manufacturing, resulting in significant EHS risk reduction achievements in all Lean/Kaizen transformation events.
- Direct responsibility for all EHS regulatory compliance including external reporting and direct interface with regulatory agencies.
Hamilton Sundstrand, Windsor Locks, CT, EHS Manager -Worldwide Customer Service
- Overall EHS regulatory compliance and management systems responsibility for 15 overhaul-and-repair sites and approximately 2,100 people worldwide.
- Completed the successful EHS launch and integration at facilities in Singapore; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Xiamen, China; Toronto, Canada; Shannon, Ireland; and Miami, Florida.
Honors & Publications
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor
- CHMM Connecticut Chapter Secretary, President
- 40-Hour Health and Safety Training; OSHA (29 CFR 1910.120)
- Process Safety Management Leader 29 CFR 1910.119
- M.S. Management-Executive Program, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Hartford, CT
- M.S. Environmental Science, University of New Haven, West Haven, CT
- B.S. Biology, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT