- Lubricant and engine coolants industry including sales and sales management, technical support and technical training.
- Identifying product development and approvals with global diesel OEMs including but not limited to Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, PACCAR, Volvo-Mack and Mercedes Benz.
- Lubrication and coolant systems of heavy duty trucks and off highway equipment, including new technology emission controlled engines and CNG and LNG engines.
- lubrication and cooling systems of stationary natural gas engines used in gas production and compression and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) and landfill gas generating systems.
- Establishment and effective utilization of oil analysis programs including conventional techniques and advanced methods such as ferrography.
Undisclosed Consulting Company, Principle, Present
- Provide consulting services to lubricant end users in the lubricant wholesale industry.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Training Specialist, 2007 - Present
- Lead trainer for Chevron's advanced training classes for both on highway and construction and mining equipment that required traveling all North America and Europe to deliver training.
- Presented the most in depth classes offered by any lubricant marketer in the industry.
- Created and delivered the content for these 1 week long classes.
- Created and delivered Chevron lubricant products and sales process training to a wide range of Chevron branded lubricant wholesalers, (U.S. and Canada).
- Conducted classes in Russia, Poland and the Czech Republic.
- Created and delivered approximately 30 technical training webinars over the past 3 years. Subject matter was a wide variety of lubricant industry related topics.
- Made technical presentations on changing fuels and lubricant technology associated with advanced emissions controls to a wide variety of industry associations such as construction, trucking and other groups.
Castrol Heavy Duty Lubricants, Baltimore, MD, Manager Field Technical Services, 1997 - 2000
- Recruited and managed a team of 7 field technical specialists across North America.
- Their duties were to provide technical support to Castrol customers.
- The support customers received was frequently cited by customers as the key value customers received from Castrol, thus aiding account retention.
Region Sales Manager, 1994 - 1997
- Managed Castrol's sales force from Baltimore to Florida.
- During this time met and exceeded sales growth and profit targets consistently.
- Led Castrol into non-traditional lubricant areas such as power generation, rubber industry and steel industry lubricant sales with great success.
General and Sales Manager, Richmond, VA, 1985 - 1994
- Managed a sales force, became GM with full profit and loss responsibility.
- Grew sales significantly and reduced expenses to double branch contribution while GM.
Gulf Oil Corp., Richmond, VA, Operations Manager, 1982 - 1985
- Managed 5 product terminals, 4 lube oil warehouses and truck fleet in VA and NC - with a total of 120 employees. In addition was responsible for retail service station construction and maintenance.
- Held a variety of jobs during 14 years at Gulf Oil prior to their acquisition by Chevron.
- Products and Pricing manager in New England, set all fuel and gasoline prices for the 5 state New England area.
- Commercial and Industrial Sales Engineer in Pennsylvania.
- Listed #1 in Gulf's Sales Engineer training class.
Honors & Publications
- Sales Engineer of the Year 3 times
- Awarded Gulf's Environmental award for the Virginia/North Carolina District for environmental program excellence
- Penn State University, Harrisburg, PA: Thesis on Operations Research
- Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers - (STLE)
- Certified Lubrication Specialist - (CLS)
- Oil Monitoring Analyst - (OMA)
- These certifications require an 80% pas grade in a rigorous examination and demonstrate competency in the field of lubrication and Oil Analysis.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers
- M.B.A Operations Research, Penn State University, Harrisburg, PA
- B.S.E.E. Electrical Engineering, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom