- Security and cyber security information, including - but not limited to - software security, access control, application security, middleware security, operating system security, network security and encryption.
- Software and computer science, including - but not limited to - model-driven approaches, information technologies, internet technologies, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and cloud computing.
- Copyright technical expert.
- Cyber security patent experience.
Expert Witness Experience
- Copyright litigation technical expert in cyber security (encryption): verification, report writing, explaining to involved stakeholders.
Undisclosed Company, CEO and Co-Founder, 2000 - Present
Managing Partner - Projects
- Information security management system (ISMS) consulting for a large U.S. government agency.
- Project and scientific lead on a gap analysis and feasibility study for a project for U.K. Technology Strategy Board.
- Founding board member of the Silicon Valley chapter of Cloud Security Alliance.
- Thought-leading blogging at Security Policy Automation and model-driven security blog.
- Technical expert for cyber security legal case.
- Author contract to publish technical paper on model-driven cloud security for IBM.
- Project and technical lead on contracts for U.S. Navy SPAWAR to performance management framework, develop policy automation and accreditation automation for Navy use.
- Scientific and technical staff on a 3 year collaborative research and development project with the European Commission's Framework Programme, "CRISIS" training System using an interactive simulation environment; model-driven security policy automation and secure distributed infrastructures.
- "Next Generation Requirements Engineering (NextGenRE)" study of the European Space Agency with Intecs working on semantic requirements engineering.
- Scientific research and development project proposal evaluator for European Commission (Framework Programme, FP7) for the research and development program.
- Author of several books on various security aspects (cloud, SOA, model-driven security policy automation, agile accreditation).
- Security accreditation, research and development project for U.K. Ministry of Defense, including patent-filing and scientific publication.
- Market feasibility study for U.K. EEDA
- SOA security analysis project for European government.
- SOA and SOA security consulting projects: U.K. Ministry of Defense, BAA U.K. Airport Authority and the largest European enterprise software vendor.
- Air traffic control project SOA and middleware security architectural and technical requirements analysis.
- Project lead for performance management framework related security work for clients in research and development projects for U.S. Navy and Air Force.
- SINS project: Middleware security and survivability project for U.S. Naval Research Lab.
- IT Security analysis and design and implementation of a new security architecture for air traffic control.
- IT security for telecoms service platforms (component based middleware technologies) - security analysis, design and implementation of a new security architecture.
- Security analysis and improvement of a web portal with 120000 customer records.
- Security analysis of large corporate networks, design of new security frameworks for the central, consistent management of security policies.
- Deutsche Telekom T-Systems: Security analysis, design and implementation of a new security architecture.
- Business lead on various technical support projects for MICO CORBA, incl. Intel, Royal Bank of Scotland, Agilent and FutureTek.
Insight Consulting, London, U.K. Security Consultant, 1997 - 1998
- Security analysis and implementation of a CORBA based environment, and various other information security projects at a British investment bank.
Honors & Publications
- Founding board member of Cloud Security Alliance, Silicon Valley Chapter
- 'Vordiplom' Degree, Computer Science with Management, Munich University, Germany
- Kellogg Business School, Business Marketing Strategy Executive Program, Chicago, IL
- German (first language)
- English (fluent, 9 years of study).
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS)
- ISSA member.
- Cool Vendor award by Gartner
- Innovation Award, byTeletrust
- Global Security Challenge, Finalist America West
- Product of the Year award, Cambridge Computer Lab Ring
- Best Paper award, IEEE
- Best Paper award, ACM/IFIP/USENIX
- Best Paper award, INCOSE
- Best Student Paper award, ACSAC
Publications and Patents
- Approximately 150 papers, publications and presentations.
- Presenter and author at many scientific and business conferences.
- Contract Speaker: BioITWorld "health IT cloud" conference.
- Lead author of a book, addressing developing secure systems.
- Patents: 2 cyber security patents (pending).
- Ph.D. Information Security, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, U.K.
- M.S. Degree with distinction, Information Security, University of London, U.K.