- 30 years of chemical industry experience helping multinational firms develop successful growth strategies, from portfolio restructuring to globalization with numerous complex issues.
- Project lead for multinational chemical firms involving long range planning, acquisitions and profit improvement.
- Engineering, construction and licensing agreements for refinery and chemical projects.
- Alternative energy projects for government and private clients including synthetic natural gas, liquid fuels from coal gasification, methanol from synthesis gas.
- Life cycle and sustainability studies on natural versus synthetic materials.
- Vulnerability of refinery and chemical plants from terrorist attacks.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Fonder of a company leading international chemical consulting and later sold the firm to IBM.
- Chemical industry leader assisting multinational firms developing successful growth strategies while facing numerous complex issues, from portfolio reconstruction to globalization.
- Servicing clients in the following areas:
- Technology assessments and evaluation.
- Economic and business analyses.
- Chemical industry.
- Energy industry and alternative energy, (synthetic natural gas, liquid fuels from coal gasification and methanol from synthesis gas).
- Long range planning.
- Strategy development.
- Merger and acquisition assistance.
Professional Employment Experience
- Arthur D. Little - Associate Director
- IBM - Principal
- Undisclosed company.- Founder and Managing Director
- Scientific Design Company- Vice President
- Esso Research and Engineering- Group Leader
Honors & Publications
- Professional Engineering License - PE (New York, Florida)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of a National Academy of Engineering study on assessing the vulnerability of refinery and chemical plants from terrorist attacks.
- Recipient of Annual Award-Fuels and Petrochemical Division of AIChE
Publications and Patents
- Author of numerous landmark books and articles in the chemical industry.
- Keynote speaker at an OPEC conference in Vienna on energy and chemical issues.
- Holder of several patents in petroleum refining and chemical processing.
- M.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, (MIT) Cambridge, MA
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, (MIT) Cambridge, MA