- Toxicologist with forensic board certifications in medicine and forensic examinations.
- Toxic exposure investigations, including analytical protocol, referral of autopsy material for analyses, environmental and occupational health risk assessments and site assessment and causation determination.
- Toxic tort defense or plaintiff evaluations, reports, affidavits and expert testimony.
- Chemical causation assessments with written reports based upon scientific, peer-reviewed methodology.
- Criminal matters - forensic toxicological assessment and toxicological cause of death.
- Industrial health and safety assessments.
- Environmental exposure assessment and testing.
- Petroleum product toxicity - considerable experience as an expert in the Gulf Oil BP evaluations.
- Over 24 years of laboratory experience.
Expert Witness Experience
- Expert testimony, reports and affidavits of merit.
- Plaintiff vs. Defense experience approximately 65:35.
- Approximately 27 years of depositions, hearings, mediations and trial experience.
Chief Toxicologist, 1990 - Present
- Impartial toxicological evaluations involving chemical exposures, alcohol ingestion, intentional poisons, carcinogens, pharmaceuticals, pyrolysis products, heavy metals, organic chemicals, petroleum product toxicity and drugs of abuse.
- Analytical protocol, referral of autopsy material, environmental and occupational health risk assessments.
- Site assessment and causation determination.
Laboratory Director, 1993 - Present
- Established a clinical and environmental toxicology laboratory licensed under the NYS DOH and NYS ELAP agencies.
Department of Medicine, 1988 - Present
- Assistant Professor
Onondaga Co. Health Department, Syracuse, NY, Chief Toxicologist, 1988 - 1993
- Responsible for municipal and civil risk assessment, evaluation of environmental exposures and design and execution of environmental monitoring studies.
- Advise and communicate with the Office of the Environment/County Executive and legislative subcommittees with respect to public health and environmental health issues.
- Provided specialized analyses to the medical examiner's office upon request.
Honors & Publications
- New York Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program license and New York State Department of Health.
- National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program
- New Jersey DEPE Laboratory Director, license
- South Carolina, Department of Health, license
- Asbestos Inspector, EPA Certification
- OSHA 29, CFR1910
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Forensic Examiners
- Sigma XI, The Scientific Research Society Associate Member
- American College of Forensic Examiners
- National Myositis Association Medical Advisory Board Member
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- Society of Automotive Engineering Member
- The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists Member
- State Department of Toxicology, Indianapolis, IN
- Strong Memorial Hospital, NIH Clinical Research Center, Rochester, NY
- Highland Hospital, Special Determinations Laboratory, Rochester, NY
- Sigma Xi Research Competition, Fifth place
- Sigma Pi Alpha Scholastic Honor Society
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of many publications, abstracts, treaties and peer reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. Toxicology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- M.S. Cellular and Molecular Biology, State University of New York, Geneseo, NY
- B.S. Biology, State University of New York at Geneseo, NY