- Mold investigation and remediation.
- Construction Industry Arbitrator, AAA.
- Remediation of building envelope, roof, masonry, and restoration.
- NYC local law 11-68 and multiple buildings expertise.
- NYC building code and zoning code expert.
Expert Witness Experience
- Conversion of an abandoned school to private offices.
- Local Law 11-68 case, NY.
- Identified design defects of a hotel.
Undisclosed Company, 1968 - Present
Principal, 2009 - Present
- Providing consultant services for Thornton Tomasetti, Inc., NYC.
- Providing zoning and International Mechanical. Consultation to Maritime Yards Condominium, Norwalk, CT. ~Successfully relocated a cooling tower that was a zoning and IMG violation.
- Interior design and specification and purchase of all furniture and furnishings (FFE) fit up for new offices of Associated Medical Schools of New York,(Rockefeller Center).
- Building envelope restoration: LlU Wellness and Recreation Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Design and facade modification for 5,000 sq.ft., tenant space in Peekskill, NY.
Solo practice, 1968 -1996
- Conducted a solo practice that employed between four and ten staff, depending on workload, providing full professional services for the various projects:
- 18 Commercial office projects
- 2 Major office parks
- 4 Multi - family residence projects
- 13 Private residences
- 2 Exhibition spaces
- 1 Historic restoration project.
Thornton Tomesetti, Inc., New York, NY, Senior Project Director, 2004 - 2009
Advanced Analytics and Forensics Group
- Conducted comprehensive commercial and residential building envelope investigation and restoration projects.
- Restoration of historic facades.
- Mold investigation and remediation projects, performing due diligence zoning and building code analysis, and leading multi-disciplinary teams in major projects.
- The Helmsley Medical Building, facade restoration.
- 425 Park Avenue, facade condition investigation, Local Law - 68 investigation and report.
- Liberty Lofts Condominium, building envelope remediation.
- Gallery Place, Washington, DC, restoration of glass fiber reinforced plastic facade.
- Litigation support for two clients.
El Taller Collaborativo, Newark, NJ, Senior Architect, 2002 - 2004
- As Senior Architect in charge of Contract Administration for construction of a 100,000 sf., heavy engine restoration hanger for Continental Airlines.
- Lead the design team in preparing a proposed Metro North Station in Stamford, CT.
The Phillips Group (TPG), New York, NY, Senior Architect, 1998 - 2002
- Manhattan Mall, NY, Lead a multi-disciplinary team in the design effort for conversion of 7 upper floors of this building for use as a computer switching station.
Helpern Architects, New York, NY, Senior Architect, 1995 - 1998
- Jacob Javits Federal Courthouse, Foley Square, NY, conversion of 7 floors of the building to accommodate the scattered offices of the Immigration and Notarization Service and involved insertion of 50 ton HVAC system that was independent from the remainder of the building.
- 50 East 40th Street and 60 East 50th Street, New York, NY, zoning and building code analyses of these two properties and then designing a long term stay hotel for each property.
Lothrop Associates Architects, Valhalla, NY, Director - Marketing and Senior Architect, 1992 - 1996
- Howard L. Drimmer Library, Westchester Community College: Interviewed all Library personnel and prepared a "Needs Assessment" to increase the area of the Library from 50,0000 sf., to 100,0000 sf.
- Westchester County Court House, White Plains, NY, redesigned the interior and facade of a former IBM office building to accommodate, court rooms, judge chambers, security facilities and parking to replace the existing court house.
Honors & Publications
- Architect - CT
- Architect - NY
- Architect - NJ
- Bengali - minimally fluent
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Texas A & M University - Asst. Professor of Architecture
- East Pakistan University of Engineering and Technology - Guest Professor of Architecture
- Greenwich Arts Council Award
- Excellence in Design
- Greenwich Arts Council Award
- Excellence in Design - Deutchers Bakery
- Greenwich Historical Society Award
- Restoration and Adaptive Re-use - Deutchers Bakery
- Institute of Architects Bangladesh "CREST"
- M. Arch Architecture, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- M.C P. City Planning, (Urban Design) University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- B. Arch Architecture, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX