- Polyurethane formulations, polyurethane research and development, environmental-safety, MSDS, adhesives, coatings, elastomers, sealants, and thermoplastics.
- Polyurethane products: Foams, ridged foams, structural composites, furniture, bedding, carpet underlayment, bonded foam, viscoelastic foam, footwear, adhesives, coatings, elastomers, sealants and TPU.
- Reduced VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) from carpet underlayment and bonding foam.
- Energy absorbing polyurethane foams: Isocyanate reactive internal mold release compounds, bonded foam carpet pad adhesives.
- Manufacture of raw materials for polyurethane foam, and manufacturing of isocyanate and polyol products.
- Flammability of polyurethane foams in furniture.
- Emissions from bonded foam carpet pad.
- Design automotive seating, headrest and armrest.
- Polyurethane bio renewable resources cost and scrap reductions.
- Polyurethane equipment: Process efficiency improvements, system blending, pour and direct injection and tool design.
- Polyurethane production: Feasibility studies, flexible foams, molded and slabstock.
Independent Consultant, Technical Consultant serving the Polyurethanes industry, 2003 - Present
Huntsman/ICI Polyurethanes, Auburn Hills MI, Furnishings Group and Latin American Operations.
- Technical Manager
ICI Polyurethanes, Sterling Heights, MI
- Technical Manager for the Furnishing Groups.
- Technical Manager for the Adhesives Coatings Elastomers Group.
- Technical Manager for the Automotive Group.
- Group Manager, Iberia and Barcelona, Spain.
- General Manager, Vizille, France.
Atlas Chemical SpA, Ternate, Italy,
- Technical Manager
ICI Polyurethanes Manchester, U.K.
- Experimental Officer
- Technical Officer
Rubicon Inc., Naugatuck, CT
- Technical Service Engineer
Loughborough University, U.K.
- Research, Thesis "Stabilization of Polyurethane Elastomers."
Honors & Publications
- Technology training
- Polymer chemistry and physics
- Chemical storage and handling
- Work experience in over 50 countries
- Extensive Latin American knowledge
- Fluent English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Excellent German and Italian
- Lifetime Achievement Award presented by The Polyurethane Foam Association at the Washington, D.C.
Publications and Patents
- Author of over 18; books, articles, lectures and conferences regarding polyurethane.
- M.S. Macromolecular Chemistry, Loughborough University, Leicestershire, U.K.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering of Polymers, John Dalton College, Manchester, U.K.
- B.S. Chemistry, Hopwood Hall University, Rochdale, U.K.