- Human embryonic and neural stem cell research.
- Bisulfite genomic DNA conversion and sequencing.
- Life and biological science and molecular biology.
- Molecular biology.
- Administrative lab management.
- Business start-up and planning.
Undisclosed Company, President and CEO, 2011 - Present
- Provide professional scientific consulting services to biotech, pharmaceutical and academic institutions.
- Wide range of services aimed at increasing efficiency, decreasing costs, developing broad strategic plans and solving workflow problems.
New York University, New York, NY, Divisional Administrator, 2010 - Present
- Lead based competency trained department manager responsible for the supervision and management of the Office of Collaborative Science's 55 staff and faculty.
- Support research lab operations, responsibilities: Grant preparation support, grant management, MTAs and animal transfers, BSL-2 safety standards and approvals, IRB and CTMS support and special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Support Core strategic decisions related to high technology, infrastructure and management contribute to business plans, marketing strategies and support the capital equipment and budget processes.
- Assist Managing Director for Smilow CLS and Animal Imaging cores, and responsible for the management and development of new Cores resources as needed.
- Formed the formation of the; Proteomics Core, Translational Research Group, Rodent Behavior Core, Anti-Infectives Screening Core and Small Instrument Core.
- Grants preparation, submission, administration and post award processes.
High Technology and Research Education
- Equipment demonstration and scientific sessions, evaluate new technologies by overseeing and implementing pilot projects, develop course work and lecture materials for Cores Management courses in conjunction with the OCS Senior Director.
- Coordinate activities associated with the operational and research infrastructure; supervise facility management, including compliance issues related to research activities.
- Oversees equipment purchase, maintenance, replacement, and additions; and coordinates IT support.
Community Education and Outreach
- Support development of scientific community resources and scientific mentorship.
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, San Diego, CA, Business Development, 2007 - 2010
- Develop and manage the technology transfer website, interface between communications, external relations and scientific staff, database and patent fluency, contract preparation and negotiations, and marketing.
- Optimization of human embryonic stem cell culture reduced costs significantly without decreasing productivity.
- Developed a protocol for the production of hESC derived neural precursors and peripheral neurons specifically for therapeutic use.
The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, Dissertation Research, 2003 - 2006
- Characterization of the meat and milk composition of bovine clones leading to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for human consumption.
- Characterization of the reprogramming of imprinted genes in bovine clones including optimization of bisulfite sequencing, resulting in a 400% increase in productivity.
- Represented the lab and institution at international congresses in New York, Denmark and Thailand.
Honors & Publications
- Fluent French and writing skills.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities - ABRF
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of 11 journal and medical publications.
- Ph.D. Physiology of Reproduction, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- M.S. Physiology of Reproduction, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- B.S. Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT