- United States Patent and Trademark Office registered patent agent.
- Registered and qualified to file and prosecute patents with the USPTO.
- Fluoropolymer and expanded fluoropolymers (PTFE) materials.
- Intellectual property trainer, including training for patents, trade secrets, and business practices.
- Intellectual property agreement preparation, including confidentiality and service agreements.
- Professional prior art and patent searcher.
- Freedom to operate analysis.
Undisclosed Company, President, Present
- Complete intellectual property consultation services:
- Including, prior art searches, white space analysis, freedom to operate analysis, intellectual property training, patent application preparation and prosecution, competitive intelligence research, intellectual property strategy, patent portfolio management including US, PCT, EPO and international filing and maintenance.
W.L.Gore, Elkton, MD, 1992 - 2011
Intellectual Property Champion , 2005 - 2011
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and protecting intellectual property.
- Identifying new inventions, conducting prior art searches and drafting patent applications.
- Created training modules specifically designed to address IP issues for many diverse functional groups.
- Monitored competitive patent activities and summarized finding for leadership and project teams.
- Created IP strategies including defining best practices.
Core Technology, Membrane Development Project Champion, 2002 - 2011
- Project leader for the development of expanded PTFE membranes and composites.
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and overseeing the processing and development of new materials.
- Interfaced with our analytical team to validate new material properties.
Fuel Cell Technologies, Product Development Project Leader, 1998 - 2002
- Developed new polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) fuel cell products for the automotive market.
- Lead a multi-million dollar project a large U.S. automotive company.
- Increased membrane electrode assembly (MEA) performance by 30% and tripled time to failure.
- Developed unique analytical methods to determine the uniformity of fuel cell performance.
Technical Leader, Consumer Filtration, 1997 -1998
- Translated business needs into product and process development projects and drove them to successful completion.
- Increased filtration performance by 40% while reducing the material cost by approximately 30%.
Technical Leader, Office Automation, 1994 - 1997
- Developed and launched 3 products into a new market for Gore. Two of these products utilized new technology.
- Evaluated new product opportunities, coordinated development efforts and lead the technical team.
- Technical interface with customers worldwide.
Industrial Product Development, 1992 -1994
- Developed, evaluated and qualified new filtration media.
- Developed conductive and catalytic filter media utilizing filled expanded PTFE membrane technology.
Honors & Publications
- Registered Patent Agent:
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Patent Resource Group Continuing Intellectual Property Training
- Extensive patent law experience both as an inventor and as a patent agent. Experienced with the negotiation and implementation of confidentiality and other business agreements.
- Advanced Patent Law Courses:
- Invention Analysis and Claiming
- Chemical Patent Practices
- Crafting and Drafting Winning Patents
- The Art and Science of Prior Art Searching
- Design Around Valid U.S. Patents
- Academic Achievement Award: Highest Cumulative GPA in senior class of Mechanical Engineers
- The Engineering Alumni College Service Award: For outstanding service and scholarship to the College of Engineering
Publications and Patents
- Numerous peer reviewed publications and abstracts.
- U.S. and world patents issued.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD