- Specialist in the design, optimization and troubleshooting a variety of polymer processing techniques using advanced Commuter Aided Engineering (CAE) and simulation tools.
- Extrusion process simulation and optimization.
- Specialist in coextruded blown film dies design.
- Polymer flow distribution systems for mono layer and co-extruded blown films.
- Extrusion screw design and optimization.
- Optimization of the flow channels within many types of extruder profile dies.
- Profile extrusion tooling design and optimization.
- Blow molding process simulation and optimization.
- Thermoforming simulation and tooling optimization.
- Flat film and extrusion coating equipment.
- Injection molding simulation.
Undisclosed Company, President, 1996 - Present
- Operate North American office and co-founded company in 1990.
- Provide engineering services, product development assistance and educational seminars in the field of polymer extrusion and polymer processing simulation.
- Responsible for the company's extrusion simulation software sales, support and training.
- Helped develop the first systematic approach to Profile Extrusion Die Design and Optimization.
- North American representative of simulation software for blow molding; very skilled in blow molding CAE, die design and polymer extrusion.
- Representative for injection molding simulation software package; very skilled in injection molding CAE, extender design and polymer flow.
Brampton Engineering, Brampton, Ontario, R&D Engineer, 1985 - 1996
- Engineering department responsible for die flow channel and screw designs.
- Responsible for research and development related to screw and die design optimization.
- Developed first commercial, flat spiral distribution system in 1989.
- Help develop first commercial `stacked` coex die system up to 9 layers.
- Designed over 200 single layer dies and over 100 co-extrusion dies for the production of blown film, including the design of specialty dies for the pipe, tubing, coating and blow molding.
- Assisted in the development of the first production scale "Tri-modal" die which will be used to produce bi-axially oriented Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) film.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Certified Professional Engineer
- Society of Plastics Engineers (Prior President)
- Society of Rheology
- Polymer Processing Society
- TAPPI, Polymers Laminations and Coatings (PL&C) Division
- Film Extrusion Committee of the PL&C, Executive and then Chairman.
- Best Paper award and the TAPPI PLACE Technical Achievement award for technical contributions to the industry.
Publications and Patents
- Author-Co Author book chapters, organizer of several technical sessions and co-extrusion symposium, author of numerous referred papers, conferences, seminars and presentations.
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- M. Eng. Chemical Engineering, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- B.Eng. Chemical Engineering, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada