- Engineering Polymers, nylon, acetal, polyester, thermoplastic elastomers.
- New business development, sales, marketing, manufacturing, and product development in the chemicals and plastics industries.
- Polymer processing, injection molding, extrusion, blow molding, films, thermoforming, textile fibers, chemicals and training.
- Extensive knowledge in the plastic industry covering consumers, electronic and automotive markets.
- Plastic product analysis, product introduction, technology to market, and product line management.
- Building new businesses and product offerings in a wide set of markets from industrial materials to life sciences as well as initiating commercial sales in the consumer, industrial, automotive and electronic markets.
- Director, small capitalization businesses.
Undisclosed Company, Owner, 1998 - Present
- Sales and Marketing Consultant to the chemical and polymeric materials and processing industry.
- Expert knowledge in nylon, acetal, polyester (PBT & PET) and thermoplastic elastomers.
E. I DuPont De Nemours and Company, Inc., 1972 - 1998
Corporate New Business Development, 1997 - 1998
- Strategic venture team chartered for white space evaluation, searching for new business opportunities for the corporation.
- Identified personal care market with $500 million of opportunity for DuPont and had program adopted into commercial chemicals business unit.
Engineering Polymers Strategic Business Unit, 1996 - 1997
- North American Marketing and Sales Manager for the industrial and consumer segments - with 18 direct reports.
- Responsible for $215 million current sales and $27 million new business generation annually.
- Key marketing member of the Americas DELRIN® and HYTREL® business teams.
- Market Segmentation Manager at 6 key application areas.
- Represented business unit on the DuPont Corporate Sales Networking Team.
Engineering Polymers, 1990 - 1995
- Eastern Region Sales and New Business Development Manager responsible for $82 Million new OEM business generation.
- Key member in the formation and Marketing Leadership of the Americas ZYTEL® nylon Business Team.
- Global Market Segmentation Manager for the sales of engineering polymers to the appliance industry.
- Initiated the Nylon Polymer Textile Waste Reclamation task force, redirection wide spec/off spec/odd lot product from bury/burn to highest value sale program.
Industrial / Engineering Polymers, 1986 - 1989
- Sales and Development Manager for HYTREL® and ALCRYN® thermoplastic elastomers.
- Grew HYTREL® business from $25 million to $45 million sales.
- Redirected ALCRYN® business to major distributor network as route to profitability success and increased value for eventual divestiture.
Engineering Plastics District Sales Manager, 1982 - 1985
- Grew business from $20 million to $30 million.
- Created Distributor start-up program for small account management.
Marketing Representative, 1979 - 1981
- Automotive located in Detroit, responsible for engineering plastics new business generation at General Motors.
- Developed $5 million per year new business in nylon and acetal resins.
Marketing Representative, 1978 - 1979
- Grew nylon, acetal and polyester resins business by 15% covering the regions; New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Process and Quality Control Engineer, Textile Fibers Nylon, Seaford, DE, 1972 - 1977
United States Air Force, Captain, 1969 - 1972
Honors & Publications
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology and a MBA graduate degree specializing in Marketing and Finance from the University of Delaware.
- M.B.A. Finance & Marketing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- B.S. Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ