- ISM/ISO Internal Auditor sub-contracted by ship owners.
- Crisis management.
- Oil spill response.
- Marine firefighting.
- Strategy and tactics.
- Spill management team.
- Company security officer.
- Advanced safety auditing.
- Participated in numerous spill drills.
- Offshore construction - (platforms and rigs).
- P & I surveys.
- Advanced media training.
Independent Marine Consultant, 1990 - Present
- Loss Control/Expediting: Sub-contracting from INC Nautical Houston, to attend tankers for oil majors to control crude/petroleum losses and expedite.
- Ship/Ship Transfers in U.S.Gulf Coast: Representing oil majors through principals to monitor lightering of VLCC'S into Aframax tankers and also actively inspect Mother/Daughter vessels to verify figures during non-custody transfers.
- Contract Assistant Mooring Master for Heidenrich Marine jobs in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Off Shore Construction Surveyor on behalf of underwriters representing oil majors to monitor lying of under-water pipeline. Making decisions to suspend work during adverse weather and closely monitor anchor handling operations. Inspect tugs/barges used in the operation and monitor connection of pipeline to rigs/platforms and terminals.
- Witnessed salvage of steel from one of four Rowan rigs lost during Katrina for Mathew Daniels Houston.
- Monitored loading four semi-submersible rigs on a rransporter to be transported to Saudi at Pascagoula for Global Maritime, in Houston, Texas.
- Off shore equipment loaded on barges checked for suitability and proper securing arrangements and certificate issued if required for same.
- Monitor loading of heavy jackets for oil rigs on barges and discharging/ installing same offshore.
- Tank cleaning on product/ chemical tankers: Charterers from U.K. such as Glencore, STS Shipping, provided services for tank cleaning expertise through oil inspections in Houston, Texas.
- Draft/on hire/ off hire/ pre purchase/ bunker surveys: Conduct above surveys for other survey company's on a sub-contract basis.
- Board vessels as vessel agent on contract basis to fill in for busy agencies and clear vessels in/out as required.
- Inspect pleasure crafts, yachts and fishing vessels for reputed company's on a sub-contract basis.
- Pollution Control Representative: Port Captain services offered as pollution control representative to Conoco/Phillips and Exxon Mobil to monitor safe/expeditious discharge of Tankers at Terminals.
- Dry cargo: Super cargo/ Port Captain services to monitor loading of homogenous cargo, containers and project cargo for various clients through Transcan and Unimarine.
- Discharging of steel and steel products with complete reports, pictures for various contractors monitoring discharging of heavy lifts to 250 ton for various freight forwarders.
- Project cargo handled for Transcan on a sub-contract basis.
- P & I Surveys: Vessel and cargo damages for P&I contracted by 3D Marine and other principals have been handled on a fairly consistent basis.
- Vessel class record checks conducted for various clients through internet and attended new buildings at ship yards for various clients to ensure construction is in keeping with the plan and cost effective.
- Assisted various traders in chartering suitable vessels for their cargo and kept on top of current charter rates and relevant terms of charter party and bills of lading.
- Advised charterers constantly in settling disputes on lay days, demurrage and dispatch.
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Conducted Move Smart courses for shipboard managers and shore office staff and conducted advanced safety procedures on board vessels.
- Assisted various ship owners in attending USCG TVEL and vetting Inspections to ensure vessel completes without high risk observations.
- Prepared various tank vessels/dry cargo vessels for SIRE vetting and flag state inspections on behalf of ship owners.
- With vessel operating companies, analyzed vessel technical data, determined root causes of operational deficiencies and addressed with vessel operating companies.
- Represented oil majors on industry committees and technical panels with objective of improving overall industry performance.
- Spoke in details on marine matters designed to promote learning and understanding.
Additional Professional Experience
Kuhne and Nagel, Branch Manager
- In charge of all clearing/forwarding activities and project cargo for Dubai Aluminum CO.
Dubai Aluminum Co, Dock Superintendent
- Within charge discharging bulk alumina/ petcoke from bulk carriers by suction unloaders into silos and transporting same to smelter by articulated carriers for production.
Honors & Publications
- Pre-sea training for two years prior proceeding to sea as a cadet.
- Master for nine years with prominent shipping companies on Dry cargo vessels, Tankers, Bulk carriers, Ocean tugs, and RO-RO vessels.
- Largest vessel commanded was 170,000 tonner OBO.
- STS and PSA Certified.
- Port Captain for Super Cargo.
- English - written/spoken.
- Japanese - spoken.
- Urdu - spoken.
- Italian - light spoken
- Arabic - light spoken.
- Spanish - light spoken.
- Masters Foreign going License for ships of unlimited tonnage.