- Analysis of complex patent, legal and technical Russian, English and Ukrainian translations for accuracy.
- Expert opinions and testimony in disputes involving translated Russian, English and Ukrainian documents.
- Verification and certification of translated Russian, English and Ukrainian patent claims for litigation.
- Certified Russian-English and English-Russian translations for use in patent and other litigation.
- Legal support: Before the Patent Office, conducted novelty and infringement searches, drafted patentability and infringement opinions, translated patents and other technical documents.
- Expert opinions and testimony in disputes involving translated documents.
- Verification and certification of patent claims translation for litigation.
Undisclosed Company, President, 1990 - Present
- Translation, editing and translation analysis for corporate and individual customers dealing with translations from and into Russian and Ukrainian. Specialties: Legal, technical and business.
- Providing service to over 80 U.S. companies (Fortune 500 companies) and the U.S. Government.
All-Union Translations Center of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia, 1979 - 1989
- Translator and Editor: Translated and edited translations of technical and scientific literature from Japanese and English into Russian.
- Major Fields: Mechanics, manufacturing engineering, physics, chemistry, metallurgy, materials science and patents.
Research Institute for Building Materials, Kiev, Ukraine, Patent Engineer, 1985 - 1989
- Prepared and prosecuted patent applications and amendments before the Patent Office, conducted novelty and infringement searches, drafted patentability and infringement opinions, translated patents and other technical documents.
Multispindle Automatic Lathe Works, Kiev, Ukraine, 1976 - 1985
- Production Engineer and Design Engineer: Supervised manufacturing of machine parts using metal-cutting machines, designed measuring and metal-cutting tools, machine tool accessories, other industrial equipment.
Honors & Publications
- Patent Agent registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) since 1991.
- Certified in English-into-Russian and Russian-into-English translation by the American Translators Association (ATA).
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Translators Association (ATA), Slavic Languages Division, Science and Technology Division.
Publications and Patents
- Translation Reviewer: National Geographic (Russian Edition)
- 2 U.S. Patent Applications
- LL.M. Intellectual Property, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL
- Engineer - Patent Engineer, Central Patent School, Moscow, Russia
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Kryvyi Rih Technical University, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine