- Building diagnostics and building condition surveys.
- Building envelope evaluations.
- Construction testing and constructability analysis.
- Infrared thermography.
- Non-destructive moisture surveys; nuclear moisture meter; roof moisture problem analysis and roof moisture surveys.
- Building quality assurance and performance evaluations.
- Building forensic studies and litigation support.
- Roofing: Built up, single ply, and metal roofing.
- Window performance analysis and curtain wall designs.
- Building sealants, below grade waterproofing and plaza deck waterproofing.
- Concrete investigation and repair, brick and masonry, pre-cast concrete, plaster and EIFS.
Undisclosed Company, President and Founder, 1990 - Present
- Operate a specialty engineering firm provided consulting services for numerous commercial and institutional buildings throughout the United States.
- Primarily consulting in three areas with in-depth experience: roofing, waterproofing and curtain wall design and performance.
- More than thirty years of experience in the design, construction and rehabilitation of a wide variety of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
- Skill in the design and development for new construction, review of shop drawings, construction inspection, forensic analysis and troubleshooting for existing buildings, and development of rehabilitation and remedial plans.
- Conducted testing on a number of buildings in accordance with recognized industry criteria, such as ASTM, AAMA, Factory Mutual, etc.
- Experience in analyzing and investigating buildings that have manifested problems with respect to the building envelope which allows "lessons learned" to be applied to new construction projects.
Moisture Systems, Inc. - Vice President of Engineering Houston, TX, 1984 - 1990
Aquatonics, Inc., Houston, TX, 1983 - 1984
Fish Engineering & Construction Company, Houston, TX, 1981 - 1983
Armco, Inc., Western Steel Division Houston, TX, 1974 - 1981
Brown and Root, Inc., Houston, TX, 1973 - 1974
Honors & Publications
- Roofing Industry Educational Institute (RIEl).
- Certified Construction Specifier (CCS).
- Registered Roof Consultant.
- Registered Waterproofing Consultant.
- Accredited Green Roof Professional (GRP).
- Certified Level I and Level III Thermographer.
- School of Architecture and Environmental Design, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
- Registered Professional Engineer for the following States: Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Post-Tensioning Institute (P'TI)
- International Concrete Repair Institute (JCRI)
- Indoor Air Quality Association, Inc. (IAQA)
- American Association for Wind Engineering (AA WE)
- Texas Department of Insurance/Texas Windstorm Insurance Association
- Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industries-International (AWC)
- Roofing Industry Committee on Weather Issues (RICOWI)
- International Convention and Trade Show -Large Roofing/Waterproofing Project, First Place.
- International Award of Excellence in Rehab and Restoration - Design and Construction.
- International Concrete Repair Institute, Award of Excellence - Mid-Rise Project of the Year and High-Rise Project of the Year.
Publications and Patents
- Author of over 20 publications, technical papers, and presenting speaker.
- B.S.C.E. Civil Engineering, Cullen College of Civil Engineering, University of Houston, TX