- Synthesis of natural products for medicinal applications.
- Understanding and cataloging of non-prescription drugs.
- Synthesis of aristolochic acid and derivatives.
- Synthesis of substituted indole-3-caboxamide compounds as local anesthetics.
- Photochemical synthesis of phenanthrenes.
- Synthesis of biotin analogs for biochemical enzymatic studies.
- Synthesis of anthracycline derivatives as anticancer drugs.
- Synthesis of novel heterocyclic ring systems as potential drugs.
- Education in medicinal chemistry and pharmacology.
- Poison ivy and poison oak remedies.
Undisclosed University, 1965 - Present
- Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, 1976 - Present
- Associate Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, 1968 - 1976
- Assistant Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, 1965 - 1976
Wisconsin University, Madison, WI, 1961 - 1965
- Instructor of Pharmacognosy, 1964 - 1965
- Research Assistant, 1961 - 1964
Temple University School of Pharmacy, Philadelphia, PA
- Graduate assistant in undergraduate chemistry laboratory, 1959 - 1961
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Rho Chi Society
- Wayne Anthony Society
- Induction into Rho Chi Honor Society.
- Teacher of the Year for 3 years.
- Pharmacy licensure in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, California and Michigan.
- Experience in retail, long-term care, infusion and pediatric pharmacy practice.
- Numerous chapters in the Handbook of Non-Prescription Drugs.
- Over 40 publications, list available upon request.
- Many invited professional presentations and papers.
- Ph.D. Medicinal Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- M.S. Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. Pharmacy, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA