- Cleaning chemistry and systems.
- Fluorochemical cleaning systems.
- Thorough knowledge of various alternatives for ozone depleting substances (ODS) and replacement of high global warming potential (GWP) chemicals in solvents, aerosols and other specialty uses.
- Selection and use of chemicals for for specialty cleaning applications, such as oxygen system cleaning, carrier fluids, and precision cleaning in aerospace, electronics and computer hard drives.
- Monitoring and testing air emission and technology for improved containment and remediation alternatives.
- Experienced in design, selection and performance of materials, equipment and operating cost of the cleaning processes.
Independent Consultant, 2004 - Present
DuPont Fluorochemicals, 1967 - 2003
Mitsui-DuPont Fluorochemicals, Tokyo, Japan, 2001 - 2003
- Global Technical Consultant for Vertrel® Solvents hydrofluorocarbon fluids used in vapor degreasing equipment for cleaning, rinsing and drying.
- Provided technical assistance in safe and cost effective use of flurochemical solvents in U.S., South East Asia, Taiwan, China, Europe and Japan.
Chestnut Run, Wilmington, DE, 1994 - 2001
- Product Development Leader and Manager for Solvent Replacement Projects.
- Evaluated fluorochemical and other solvents as industrial cleaners.
Wilmington, DE, Research and Development Team Leader, 1988 -1994
- Developed alternative solvents for CFC-113 and methylchloroform.
- Coordinated product development efforts including processes to make new solvent, develop environmental and safety properties and applications.
Chambers Works, NJ, 1967 - 1988
- Held various research and management positions in engineering, manufacturing and process related Fluorochemicals.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of UNEP"s Solvent Technical Options Committee
- Served on the HFC/PFC Taskforce appointed by TEAP as a solvent expert.
- Member of the editorial board "Clean-Tech" Publication for Cleaning Technologies for Industrial Cleaning Applications.
- PCC/TEAP Special Report on Chlorofluorcarbons - Lead author on Solvent and Aerosol Section.
- Handbook of Critical Cleaning - Author of a chapter on Solvents Alternatives.
- Member of the editorial board for "Clean-Tech" magazine.
- Many professional papers related to industrial solvents and cleaning solvents.
- Inventor or co inventor in more than 50 U.S. and foreign patents.
- MBA University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, Alburn University, Auburn, AL
- B.S. Chemical Engineering , Bombay University, Bombay, India