- Forensic consulting services related to construction project and building accidents.
- Experience throughout the USA and Canada offering an objective professional opinion at the time an accident has occurred or a dispute in a construction project.
- 30 years of architectural design and building construction management experience to clarify construction and building issues and resolve conflicts.
- Expert witness related to building design and construction disputes and safety incidents.
Forensic Services and Expert Testimony
- Premises liability consulting and reporting.
- Building failure analysis.
- Construction dispute resolution.
- Site surveys and digital photography.
- Lead based paint mitigation certification.
- Construction and replacement cost estimating.
- Depositions, arbitration and court testimony.
- Golf course accident investigation.
- Shopping centers and retail stores.
- Restaurants and cafes.
- Parking lots and garages.
- Custom homes.
- Golf courses and clubhouses; driving ranges and golf learning centers.
- Commercial renovations.
Independent Consultant, 1980 - Present
- Private practice in architecture and forensic services.
- Forensic architect and forensic golf course architect.
- Forensics investigations of retail stores, shopping centers, commercial structures, restaurants and cafes, office interiors, clubhouses and custom homes.
- Forensic investigations of commercial and residential construction disputes and accidents.
- Complete architectural design services, including: Safety studies, programming and schematic design, entitlement procurement, design, construction documents, permitting, contractor selection and construction administration.
- Premises liability and golf course accident investigations (errant golf ball collisions and golf cart accidents).
- Building construction dispute investigations and reports including construction cost estimating and site surveys.
- Legal support in depositions, arbitration and court appearances.
Kaplan/McLaughlin/Diaz, San Francisco, Administrative Manager, 1976 - 1979
- Part of a 160 person architectural and planning firm.
- Managed major mixed-use development feasibility studies in housing, urban mixed-use and adaptive re-use projects throughout the USA.
Meyer/Johnstone Associates, President, 1974 - 1976
- Architecture and commercial interior design firm concentrating on office and medical interiors, retail stores and cafes.
- Complete design and construction administration services.
City of San Francisco, Department of City Planning, 1972 - 1974
- Planner in charge of historic review of seismic renovation projects and creation of the 100 most significant historic buildings list.
- Assisted in drafting the new residential zoning ordinance.
United Professional Constructors, Denver, Colorado, Architect, 1974 - 1976
- Member of a design and build architectural organization in Denver.
- Responsible for programming, design and construction documents for low-income and elderly multi-family housing and various facilities for the 1976 Olympics.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Registered architect in North Carolina and California
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- The American Institute of Architects
- United States Golf Association
- National Golf Foundation
- Carolinas Association of Golf Course Superintendents
- Corresponding Affiliate of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers
- National Academy of Forensic Engineers - Continuing Education in Forensic Investigations.
- AB technical College - Lead Based Paint Mitigation Certificate.
- Architects Abroad Program - Educational tour of Milan, Florence, Venice and Rome.
- Seismic Seminar - National symposium on preparation for a catastrophic seismic event.
- Harvard University - Graduate School of Design - Golf Course Design seminar.
- International Institute of Design - Bartlett School of Architecture, London, England.
- Program in urban design for international graduate students.
- Freies Institute - Bern, Switzerland. Foreign exchange student with the American Field Service.
- B.S. Architecture, University of Cincinnati, OH