- Novel additives for plastics products such as plastic impact modifiers.
- Accomplished technologist with an outstanding record of achievement in chemical Research and Development.
- Polyamide and fluoropolymer coatings product development and technical service.
- New product and process development, and customer applications of inorganic and organic coatings on steel.
- Drive profitability through utilization of well-honed creativity, innovation, and project management skills.
- Educator at graduate level in engineering, project management, and MBA courses in New Business Ventures and Entrepreneurship.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of material sciences and technical management principles, along with excellent business acumen with particular expertise in: Fluoropolymers, materials, polymer science, organic coatings, inorganic coatings, general chemistry, corrosion, electrochemistry, plastics, expert witness, pretreatments, paints, polymer additives, metal pretreatments, metal coatings, olymers and nonocomposites.
Undisclosed Company, 2006 - Present
- Founder and CEO of a consulting business specializing in corrosion, coatings, polymers, and nanocomposites.
NEI Corportation, Somerset, NJ, Vice President of Coating Technologies, 2009 - 2012
- Responsible for new product development of novel polymers and coatings based on nano-materials.
Undisclosed University, 2006 - Present
- Teach graduate level engineering courses in innovation, creativity and project management, along with an MBA course in New Business Ventures and Entrepreneurship.
Arkema Chemicals Research Center, King of Prussia, PA, 1994 - 2006
Manager, Plastic Additives Research, 2002 - 2006
- Management of the new product development of novel additives for plastics products (i.e., impact modifiers, process aids for use in various polymers such as polycarbonate, polyesters, and PVC).
- Conceived and led the development of a compatibilizer for wood-PVC composites.
- Led the development of Clearstrength® E-950, a new MBS impact modifier.
- Led the development of Durastrength® 440, a novel acrylic impact modifier.
- Led the effort to improve MBS blocking resulting in substantial savings for the business.
- Led the development of Clearstrength® E-922.
Manager, Coatings Research, Technical Polymers, 1994 - 2002
- Responsible for the new product development and technical service of polyamide and fluoropolymer coatings.
- Led the development of Aquatec® (Acrylic Modified Fluoropolymer).
- Led the development of Primgreen® 2, a non-toxic primer for polyamide powder coatings.
- Led the technical activity to qualify the use of polyamide powder coatings for dishwasher baskets.
- Authored a chapter in the book Modern Fluoropolymers, published several technical papers in respected journals and presented numerous papers at various technical conferences.
Betz Laboratories Research Center, Trevose, PA, Section Head, 1989 - 1994
- Directed the new product and process development, and technical service functions of cleaner and pretreatment chemicals for metals and plastics.
Campbell Soup Company, Camden, NJ, Director, Packaging Technology, 1985 - 1989
- Responsible for the development of new metal and plastic food packages, organic coatings for metal containers, technical service and container specifications.
- "Dotted line" technical responsibility for seven manufacturing plants producing 5 billion cans per year.
Bethlehem Steel Corporation, Supervisor, Coatings Research, 1974 - 1985
- Managed scientists in new product and process development, and customer applications of inorganic and organic coatings on steel.
Republic Steel Corporation, Coatings Research Engineer, 1965 - 1974
- Conducted new product and process development of metal coatings and paint on steel substrates.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Forensic Expert Witness Association
- American Chemical Society
- American Coating Association
- Society of Plastic Engineers
- Federated Societies of Coatings Technology
- National Coil Coating Association - Board of Directors
- American Society for Materials
- Delaware Valley Volunteers of America - Board of Directors
- Packaging Institute International Annual Educational Award - best paper.
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers Romanoff Award - best paper published in Corrosion Journal.
- Chosen to participate in the Industrial Research Institute Visiting Scientist Program.
- National Coil Coating Association Technical Section Certificate of Appreciation.
- Ph. D. Materials Science , Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
- M. S. Physics, Kent State University, Kent, OH
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Widener University, Chester, PA