- Chemically reactive flows.
- Chemically reacting Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD.)
- Diesel, Fischer-Tropsch, bio fuels chemical mechanisms.
- Emissions and soot chemistry and volatile organic compounds (VOC) mechanisms.
- Chemistry of Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD.)
- Computer simulation.
- Chemical kinetic mechanism testing and reduction.
- Training course development.
- Expert witness on matters related to fluid dynamics and chemical reactive flows.
Undisclosed Company, CEO, 2008 - Present
- Founder of company that promotes computer modeling of chemically reactive flows.
- Fuel combustion simulations and analysis.
- Training and consulting to engineers in chemical, automotive, gas-turbine, materials and microelectronic industries.
Reaction Design, San Diego, CA, 2005 - 2008
Sales and Marketing Engineer
- Liaison between sales, marketing and software development teams.
- Created and ran the company software training programs (including the training of new engineers, sales/marketing teams, distributors and customers) in the areas of reactive flows.
- Developed technical marketing support material such as presentations, press releases, and application briefs for chemical, automotive, gas-turbine, materials and microelectronic industries.
- Created and implemented Alpha and Beta testing programs for new software products.
- Directly responsible for increasing revenue as the technical person on the sales team.
Development and Research Engineer
- Created chemical kinetic mechanisms for combustion of diesel, bio fuels, Fischer-Tropsch and surrogate fuels.
- Developed and ran computer-based experiments in catalytic combustion and surface chemistry of CVD and ALD processes.
- Developed skeletal and reduced chemistry mechanisms for use in CFD simulations.
University of California, San Diego, CA, 2001 - 2005
- Researcher, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
NASA, Kennedy Space Center, FL, 2000
- Intern, Spaceflight and Life Sciences Training Program (SLSTP)
University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 1998 - 1999
- Researcher, Department of Mechanical Engineering (Acoustics)
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Membership Chair American Chemical Society Section
- Member of Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Member of the Combustion Institute
- Member of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Panelist, National Science Foundation, NSF Review Panel on Materials and Combustion.
- Women in Combustion Group Organizer, 2007 Joint Meeting of U.S. Sections of Combustion Institute.
- Ten publications and numerous invited presentation.
- Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering, University of California, San Diego, CA
- M.S. Aerospace Engineering, University of California, San Diego, CA
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Delaware, Newark, DE