- Electromagnetic technology, field wave propagation and device immunity and electromagnetic wave shielding.
- Product design in automotive, terrestrial broadcasting and consumer electronics.
- Wireless RF/microwave transmitter and receiver design for digital TV broadcasting.
- Hybrid data encoders and decoders.
- Software radio system architecture and modular design.
- EMC and EMI, (electromagnetic capability and electromagnetic interference) analysis, immunity and RF radiation testing with field propagation analysis.
- RF/Microwave 0 to 12GHz circuitry design.
- Broadcast and automotive antenna design: rod, slot, patch, and micro strip.
- Wireless transceivers and data communication links.
- Embedded firmware and software for integrated microcontrollers.
- Automotive EMC and environmental product qualification, IMDS, PPAP.
- Automated smart metering and energy compliant products and networks design.
- Medical product design for ISO13485, FCC, FDA, UL, CMDR, CE marking.
- Electrical CAD and circuit simulation design.
- FPGA synthesis tools, DSP code studios and embedded C compilers.
- High speed circuit board, RF, microwave and low noise layout design.
- USPTO Patent filing and patent prosecution.
Independent Product and Design Consultant, 2004 - Present
Automotive turnkey product design of multimedia, RF and antenna products.
- Rod and dipole antennas and amplifiers for VHF and UHF.
- Microstrip antennas and amplifiers for L, S and C bands.
- AM/FM rod and glass antennas and amplifier products.
- Design and validation of automotive CAN/MOST compliant products.
- Media players and authentication devices.
- Surveillance video imaging encoding and decoding.
- EMC/EMI studies and compliance, test plans and corrective actions.
Design of advanced industrial and smart metering devices with remote reading.
- Low power, low cost meter and microcontroller design.
- Advanced wireless interface design.
- HF antenna design and simulation with field wave propagation analyses.
- Analog low noise and low power circuitry design.
- Advanced power supply design for backup and portability.
- Certification testing for ANSI, FCC, PTCRB.
Medical imaging, audio, video and wireless multimedia products.
- CCD and CMOS imaging sensor design lead.
- Direct X-ray detection and scintillation transducer.
- Analog low noise optical front end and low power circuitry design.
- Medical product certification according FDA, CMDR and CE.
Cygnus Technologies, LLC, Vice President Engineering, Scottsdale, AZ, 2002 - 2004
- Hands-on engineering for the design of dental video cameras and x-ray sensor medical device products.
- Dental x-ray sensor compliant to 802.11b (WiFi) data network.
- Video cameras; design of wired and wireless video camera for medical imaging.
- Medical product certification and full safety compliance according FDA and CE.
- DICOM standard compliance.
DOTCAST Inc., Director of RF development, Scottsdale, AZ, 2000 - 2002
- Led a design engineering team for the development of VHF/UHF video/data transmitter and receiver system known as "MovieBeam."
- Prototype to product development activities for high volume of manufacturing.
- Developing of data encoders and modulators for TV broadcasting transmitters.
- Obtaining FCC certification for modified channel spectrum performance.
EnCamera Sciences Corp., Director of Engineering, Scottsdale, AZ, 1999 - 2000
- Led a team of engineers for development of hybrid digital data TV transmitter and receiver systems, including system level simulations and architecture design.
- Design of communication subsystems, oscillators, amplifiers and PLL.
- System level RF simulations, analog and digital PCB Layout design.
- Wrote RF test and measurement procedures for component and system test.
Technical University, Sofia, Bulgaria, 1998 - 1999
University Assistant Professor
- Lecturing in communication equipment design and manufacturing.
- Research and design of ISM and UHF band RF/Microwave antennas and devices.
- Analytical component and system level design, testing, EOL component training.
- Product reliability studies in various aspects of RF/Microwave implementation.
- Consulting in industrial automated measurement and data acquisition.
RF/Microwave Research Engineer, 1995 - 1998
- RF / EMC engineer developed algorithms for field analyses.
- Designed RF modules.
- Lecturing RF propagation and antennas.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Received REALITY Five-Star Quality Award for Video Cameras
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, IEEE
- Antenna and Propagation Society, APS
- EMC Society, EMCS
- Signal Processing Society, SPS
- Circuits and Systems Society, CSS
- Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBS
- Standard Association, SA
Ph.D. EE, Technical University of Sofia
MBA Technical University of Sofia
M.S. EE, Technical University of Sofia