- Electrical engineering for commercial and military communications.
- Antenna design.
- Stealth, LPI, and electronic warfare.
- Medical equipment design and certification.
- EMI shielding in buildings and other structures.
- Modeling, simulation; all aspects of RF and microwaves, antennas/arrays, signal processing, algorithm definition, propagation (ELF through 60 GHz millimeter bands), installation, testing, system level design and mission planning.
- Applied knowledge to C3I, UAVs, radar, antennas, imaging processing, radio location, communications, electro - optics, and reconnaissance.
- Total quality management, (TQM,) improving the efficiency and profitability of companies, reviewed and wrote proposals for industry.
Teaching Engineering and Mathematics courses to universities and directly to industry. Venues and Courses:
- Undisclosed State University, 2006 - Present , Mathematics ~Department
- Polytechnic University, Long Island, NY, 2001 - 2005, Radar and EW
- Farmingdale State University, Farmingdale, NY, 2003 - 2005, Honorary Research Professor - Use of fuel Cells
- Hofstra University, 1963 - 2005, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics
- Touro College, Bio-Engineering
- New Jersey Institute of Technology, 1969 - 1971, Electromagnetic Propagation with Non-uniform Boundaries
- Suffolk County Community College, 1962 - 1963, Mathematics Department
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Signal Processing and Modeling
- Advanced Statistics, Measurements
- Fuel Cell Applications
- Electromagnetic Safety
- Antennas, Propagation, Microwaves
- Industrial Training
- Graduate Level Biomedical Engineering Program
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Digital Laboratory
- Calculus, college Algebra, Differential Equations and Circuits
- Airborne Electronic Warfare
- Supported many roles in extensive career: CEO of Techwise Enterprises Corporation, Principal Scientist at Raytheon, Supporting staff to the Director of Systems of Engineering at Northrop and Norden Systems, and Senior Member of the Technical Staff at GTE.
- Projects included: Communications, airlift, pave mover, North Warning Systems, Helicopter born common sensor system, helicopter born common jamming system, propagation model for Blackhawk mission studies, site defense of Minuteman, AOA satellite, and submarine launched communications buoy.
- Analyzed and designed for lightning and nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) protection. Some of the companies that this service was performed for include GTE, Symbol Technologies, Sun Microsystems, PMI, Cause, Martin Marietta, HoHoKus, Northrop, DAJEM and VitaTech.
Undisclosed Company, Founder, Chief Scientist, Consultant and Security Officer, 1982 - Present
- Responded to quick reaction studies, proposals and applications to the space, satellites, and farming industries.
- Developed products for companies and assisted with certifications.
Raytheon, Principle Engineer, Jammer and Phased Arrays, 1981 - 1982.
Norden Systems, Sr. Staff Consultant, 1979 - 1981
Northrop Electronics Division, Senior Staff, Systems Engineering, 1976 - 1979
GTE-Sylvania, Senior Member of Technical Staff, 1970 - 1976
Other Areas of Experience
- Communication: Radio communication-ship borne and airborne, unmanned airborne vehicles, satellite links and Microwave Design.
- Medical: Develop a sophisticated vacuum for use in RF and laser surgery: Modeled and analyzed biological processes: New medical testing instrument, measures arterial condition in a non-invasive manner.
- Safety: Electromagnetic fields on humans: Designed EMI measuring chambers, TEM cells, and equipment: Corrected Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Radio Frequency Interference (RFI), and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) problems.
- Radar: Extensive experience with all kinds of radar; including, conventional and SAR airborne radar, shipboard, ground based, ground penetrating, terrain avoidance, altimeters, fuses, ISAR, surface wave and over - the - horizon types.
- Pioneered the design and processing of radar waveforms and antennas to provided unconventional communications, target identification, multi-static and passive detection, low observable detection, and the detection of targets buried in clutter.
- Analyzed radar signatures to gather electronic intelligence (ELINT). Developed techniques to jam/spoof and otherwise interfere with (confuse) radar (ECM) and countered these threats (ECCM).
- Antennas and Propagation: Development of a near field antenna test chamber, conventional antenna measurements, phased arrays, and antenna tracking for telemetry, communications, radar, and electronic warfare applications.
Honors & Publications
- Numerous classified or proprietary papers, reports, proposals and presentations dealing with new anti-jam (anti-interference) techniques, propagation model for a war game study, new phased array techniques, target Identification, radar and communication and system vulnerability.
- Patent for a receiver overload protector.
- Other patents in process.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology
M.S., Physics, Polytechnic University
B.S., Electrical Engineering, The City College of New York