- Stitch entrapment of Swan-Ganz catheter during cardiac surgery.
- Altered cerebral dominance in an Atopic population.
- Code status determination: An analysis of decisions by health care professionals.
- Ovarian Carcinoma with concomitant weakness and dysphagia and biopsy proven myositis.
- Persistent Hyponatremia in a patient with a mediastinal mass on CT.
- Refractory Pneumocystis Carini Pneumonia in a HIV positive patient successfully treated with 566c80 a 1,4 Hydroxynapthoquinone with a broad spectrum Antiprotozoal activity.
Presentations and Lectures (Indicating Subject Matter Expertise)
- Health Care Regulations in Present Day Medical Practice.
- The Medical, Legal, and Financial Consequences for Catastrophic Injury.
- Privatization of Government.
- Law for the Industrial Hygienist.
- Teen Pregnancy, Sex, and Health Care.
- The Obstetrician and Gynecologist as a Primary Care Physician.
- Breast and Cervical Screening: What the Pharmacist Needs to Know.
- Career Opportunities in Health Care Law.
- Environmental Toxicology.
- Introduction to Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- What the Family Practitioner Should Know About the National Practitioner Data Bank.
- Public Health Case Studies.
- The Future of the American Health Care System.
- Is the World Safe for Children: Environmental Hazards and Their Impact.
- Treatment and Management of Arthritis in the Workplace.
- Law and Medicine.
- Environmental Medicine.
- Legal Issues of Concern to Pharmaceutical Representatives.
- Elderly Law: A primer for Health Care Professionals.
- An Ethical Dilemma: Informed Consent.
- Violence in the Workplace.
- Expert Testimony in Environmental Litigation.
- Interesting War Stories from the Worlds of Medicine, Law and Actuarial Analysis.
- Statistics in Environmental Litigation.
- Worker's Compensation for Occupational Medicine Physicians.
- Genetic Evidence in Paternity Cases: What the Lawyer Must Know.
- Winning the Sick Building Case.
- What the Occupational Medicine Physician Should Know about Toxic Tort Law.
- Worker's Compensation Law and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Legal Consideration in Medical Specialty Selection.
- Mold: State of the Law and Science.
- Toxic Exposure.
- Metal Working Fluids: Law, Medicine and Science.
- Asbestos: Law, Medicine and Science.
- Lead: Law, Medicine and Science.
- Chromium: Law, Medicine and Science.
- Legal Considerations for Physicians when Patients Sign Out of Hospital Against Medical Advice.
- Law, Medicine, and Industrial Hygiene.
- Respiratory Physiology.
- Vapor Intrusions: Law, Medicine and Science.
- Complex Disability Determinations.
Medical Doctor, Chicago, IL , 1989 - Present
- Internal medicine and the practice of preventive medicine.
- Occupational and environmental medicine.
- Practice of occupational and environmental toxicology.
- Practice of industrial hygiene.
- Legal professional activities have included the practice of toxic tort law as well as the practice of health care law in the representation of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals.
Detroit Health Department, Medical Director, Detroit, MI, 1993 - 1955
- Director and manager of 1,200 persons Detroit Health Department.
- Advisor to the Mayor of the City on health issues.
Medical Director, House Physician Program, Bi-County Community Hospital, 1992 - 1993
Medical Director of the physicians servicing patients of the Community Hospital.
Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer, General Health Corporation, 1985 - 1989
- Home health care service caring for serious traumatically brain injured and quadriplegic patients.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- State Bar of Michigan
- Environmental Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Workers's Compensation Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Royal Society of Medicine (U.K.)
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Michigan Industrial Hygiene Society
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Aerospace Medical Association
Specialty Board Certifications
- Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Diplomat of the American Board of Preventive Medicine in Occupational Medicine.
- Diplomat of the American Board of Preventive Medicine in Public Health and General Preventive Medicine.
- Diplomat of the American Board of Industrial Hygiene as a Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Life Support Certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Completion of requirements of Michigan Court Rule 2.411 to serve as a court appointed mediator in Michigan.
Medical Review Officer Certification
- Medical Review Officer Certification through the Medical Review Officer Certification Council.
- Physician and Surgeon-Michigan and Illinois
- Attorney and Counselor-Michigan and Illinois
- Residential Builder - Michigan
- Co-author of the first place winning presentation at the 54th annual Providence Hospital Clinic Day.
- Numerous books authored and publications, list available upon request.
- German - fluent
- Mandarin Chinese - moderate conversation
- Italian - Moderate conversation
- Arabic - minor conversation
- Ph.D., Law-Juris, Wayne State University
- Ph.D., School of Medicine, Wayne State University
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University
- M.S., Public Health, Harvard University
- B.S., Kalamazoo College