Fossil Fuel and Combustion Turbine Power Plants:
- Construction Project Management: Over thirty years experience in engineering, construction, facility maintenance and project management.
- Engineering Project Management: Power Plants, coal, oil, gas, combustion turbines and site work foundations.
- Construction of refinery tanks, distillation columns, pressure vessels, piping, sewage treatment plants, wet land mitigation and water front construction.
- Strong background in organization and human development.
Connective Power, Project Manager, 1998 - 2006
- Managed projects from concept definition to commercial start up. Projects included: Tanks and vessels, underground fuel oil piping replacement, cooling towers and heat exchangers.
- Construction of fossil fuel and combustion turbine facilities capital projects.
- Bethlehem Power Plant Combustion Turbine Project (1,100 MW). Managed the civil and mechanical engineering design work and civil site preparation work.
- Member of the Hayroad 5-8 Combustion Turbine Project (550 MW), with three turbines going into simple cycle operation on schedule.
- Member of the re-powering Project team for Motiva at Delaware City, responsible for proposal preparation, estimating, managed project design and field installation ($15 million project).
Atlantic Electric Company, Project Manager, 1987 - 1997
- Fossil fuel and combustion turbine facilities capital projects.
- Project responsibility from concept definition through commercial start up.
- Project included FGD work, stacker, conveyor systems, unit re-powering, fuel handling, coal pile runoff, sewage treatment plant, site plans, wet land mitigation, water front construction and buildings.
- Consultant to a group of 14 engineers in mechanical, tank/vessels, structural, civil, rigging and commercial areas.
Chicago Bridge & Iron Co., Project Manager, 1979 - 1987
- Managed multi-million dollar contracts for petroleum, chemical and power industries, from initial planning to final erection, work included; turnkey operations, turnarounds, repairs, modifications, retrofits and maintenance.
- Project expenditures averaging 140,000 field man hours per year with completion on schedule with average savings of 18%.
- Directly managed field construction crews of up to 210 people.
- Innovative, practical manager skilled in getting the best performance from his people.
- Reorganized regional construction office and increased productivity by 35% with a reduced labor force.
- Managed a 500,000 man hour per year, multi-craft plant maintenance contract.
Engineering Supervisor/Design Engineer, 1966 - 1979
- Managed a group of engineers, designers and drafters, in the design and preparation of drawings, for fabrication and erection of plate structures, site work, foundations, piping and mechanical equipment.
- Handled a total of 304 contracts.
- Developed new standard drawings, designs and procedures for company wide use.
- Prepared design, design reviews and procedures for fabrication and erection of tanks, vessels, foundations and piping.
Honors & Publications
- Professional Engineer in New Jersey, Illinois, Maryland and New York
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
- M.S., Wilmington College, Wilmington, DE
- B.S., University of Maine, Orono, ME