- Sales and marketing of petroleum process technologies and specialty catalysts for refineries.
- Licensing and technology transfer of engineering services and petroleum process technology.
- Chemical engineering and manufacturing experience with petroleum based products such as waxes, lubricants, chemical feed stocks, plastics and specialty chemicals.
- Professional engineer specializing in product development, modeling and optimization with special concentration on polyurethane business issues.
- Experience with capital project economics, financial modeling, forecasting and materials resource planning.
- Basic and applied research, litigation and technology transfer.
Independent Consultant, PA, 2007 - Present
- Business, engineering and manufacturing consultant providing technical training services to emerging and established manufacturing companies to boost efficiency and profitability.
Undisclosed Company, VP of Manufacturing, Allentown, PA, 2001 - 2007
- Intimately involved in all aspects of this family owned polyurethane business, including manufacturing, business development, product development and production schedule optimization.
- Financial forecasts, materials resource planning, security, legal contracts, litigation and intellectual property.
Mobil Oil Corporation, Princeton, NJ, 1988 - 2000
- Responsible for sales and marketing of process technologies and specialty catalysts to refineries on four continents.
- Negotiated licensing and engineering services contracts totaling forty five million dollars.
- Team leader for negotiating a unique joint venture with Chevron (Mobil's only competitor) to merge the two technology sales and licensing organizations worldwide.
- Responsible for budget analysis, forecasting, financial modeling and evaluating project economics.
- Developed a method to analyze the economics of any research project and applied this approach to over 200 research projects to reduce expenses and headcount by 30% during two company wide restructures.
Senior Research Engineer
- Leader of a cross-functional team that designed, programmed, and installed a software package to monitor and optimize refinery operations.
Senior Staff Engineer
- Developed new process strategies for upgrading low value petroleum at Mobil's central research laboratory.
- Conducted fundamental research on catalytic processes, reaction kinetics and coke formation and deposition.
Honors & Publications
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Adjunct Professor of Business and Computer Science at DeSales University
- Adjunct Professor of Chemistry at Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Appointed to the Upper Saucon Township Environmental Advisory Council
- Course Director at the College of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Oxford, England
- Chairman of the Mobil Research Federal Credit Union Supervisory Committee
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University
- PE, Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania