- Chemical process vacuum equipment - technical authority and product marketing manager.
- Consultant on vacuum pumps and related applications engineering.
- Expert and consultant on major types of vacuum pumps: Dry pumps (claw, screw, lobe and vane), liquid ring, ejector, rotary vane, rotary piston, roots type vacuum boosters, vapor boosters, diffusion pumps, scroll pumps and turbomolecular pumps.
- Vacuum pump applications: Solvent recovery, reactors, distillation, dryers, freeze drying, filters, sterilization, filter/dryers, extruders, solid state polymerization, central systems, laboratories, emissions controls, soil vapor extraction, oil elimination and effluent reduction.
- Chemical Process Vacuum Applications: solvent recovery, reactors, distillation, dryers, freeze drying, filters, sterilization, filter/dryers, extruders, solid state polymerization, central systems, laboratories.
- Environmental Vacuum Applications: Solvent recovery, emissions controls, VOC and irradiated soil remediation, oil elimination, effluent reduction.
- Vacuum Pumps: All major dry pumps (claw, screw, lobe and vane). Liquid ring, ejector, rotary vane, rotary piston, roots type vacuum boosters, vapor boosters, diffusion pumps, scroll pumps, turbomolecular pumps.
- Related Process Equipment: Large scale vacuum cone and shelf dryers, freeze dryers, oil degassers, heating packages and main intake seawater strainers.
- Special Materials: Hastelloy, Nickel, Monel, "Kalrez" fluoroelastomer, PTFE/MoS2, PTFE lined pipe and coated ASME vessels.
- Safety: US NFPA explosion proof, ATEX (Europe) and general industrial area classifications. Expert in active and reactive safety methods and consults on constructional and design safety. Normal operation/expected misuse/rare misuse risk analyses.
BOC Edwards, Inc., Wilmington, MA and Philadelphia, PA 2000 - 2007
Product Marketing Manager, Process Vacuum
- Increased profitable sales of six process vacuum equipment lines substantially by growing core chemical/pharmaceutical business and new biofuels, power and polysilicon production markets.
- Developed and implemented pricing policy, specifications, sales tools, advertising and trade shows.
Product Applications Manager
- Recognized by Global Applications Group as Technical Authority (North and South America) for vacuum application sign-offs, estimates/proposals, training and customer-focused support.
Product Marketing Specialist
- Introduced concepts and practices of process vacuum to new clients.
- Performed initial specification review, applications engineering and proposed solutions for new business and troubleshooting of existing installations.
- Developed the winning $1 million vapor booster proposal for irradiated soil remediation.
- Championed successful $800k and $600k rotary cone dryer system projects.
Busch, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA , Applications Engineer 1997 - 2000
- Responsible for specification review, sizing, estimates, proposals, revisions, order acceptance, contract managing and continued support of chemical and pharmaceutical vacuum systems.
- Major focus on specialized Huckepack, Cobra, and Lonza vacuum pump systems.
Wintek Corporation, Randolph, NJ and Califon, NJ 1992 - 1996
- Exceeded all annual sales quotas of Busch, Intervac, Travaini and Nitech vacuum pumps and systems to major chemical manufacturers and A & E firms in New Jersey.
- Analyzed project requirements and commercial situations for competitive advantage.
- Presented and defended technical proposals.
- Developed equipment specifications and pricing guidelines.
Honors & Publications
- Professional Engineer, Commonwealth of Virginia, 2000
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers Senior Member, PA Chapter and Environmental Division
- ISO9000 and ISO14000 Internal Auditor
B.S., Chemical Engineering with Honors, Lafayette College, Easton, PA