- Professional management and support in; industrial hygiene, chemical operations, environmental science, occupational safety and health, plant and lab practical experience, combined with a military career.
- Industrial hygiene - ergonomics; ventilation, heat, lighting, sound, mold/IAQ, asbestos, lead paint, radon, PCBs, mercury, Z table monitoring, health physics, physiology, health hazards, and chemistry, negative exposure assessments, IDLH atmospheres, risk analysis, MSDS interpretation, operation of detection equipment.
- Safety - OSHA assessments: Regulatory compliance for construction (hospitals, schools, power plants, manufacturing/industrial) and general industry, workplace safety audits, PSM, OSHA 500 Trainer, OSHA 18001 programs, Industrial/Worker Safety Training, Accident, Incident, and Near Miss Investigation and Root Cause Analysis, Job Hazard Analysis and PPE Selection.
- Environmental operations: Remediation and decontamination, lab packs, permitting, plans, and programs, Waste Management, ISO 14000 Programs,Environmental Site Assessments I-IV, HAZWOPER trained and experienced, ICS and NIMS certified; RMP.
- Chemical Operations - Blending, mixing and handling; pilot plant set-up and operation; strong cGMP/GLP and USP knowledge; Confined Space Supervisor.
- Analytical laboratory: Instrument and wet chemistry analysis, chemical calculations and determinations.
- Soil laboratory - proctors, Atterberg Limits and concrete.
Expert Witness Experience
- Site Safety Officer: Collect and analyze field data to interpret and make recommendations, and write reports.
- Expert Witness related to industrial hygiene issues.
Undisclosed Company, Consultant, 1989 - Present
- Health and safety, industrial hygiene, toxicology, regulatory compliance, and environmental services consultant to the chemical process, refinery, construction, and pharmaceutical Industries, to public and private schools, hospitals, and the Federal Government.
- Process safety management and risk management planning; interpretation and preparation of MSDS, expert knowledge of Z table sampling methods.
- Expert knowledge of Part 1904 recording and reporting procedures, return to work programs (Certified Supervisor), and workers compensation programs.
- HAZWOPER: Confined space and confined space rescue, Level A Training provider, asbestos awareness training, mold remediation training and IAQ, (Indoor Air Quality Investigations).
- Knowledge of microbials, common diseases, health hazards, physiology, radiation, and chemistry.
- Industrial, commercial, and manufacturing equipment and processes, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's).
- Job hazard analysis and PPE selection, due diligence for environmental site assessments (I - IV); accident, incident, and near miss investigations.
Walter Reed Army Medical, Staff Industrial Hygiene Technician
- Serving the Hospital, Garrison, and the Military District of Washington.
Snelling Lab and Tech, Hematology Operations.
- ICP operator and wet chemistry.
Envirostaff, Lab Support Staffing
- Environmental remediation and chemical emergency response; GC/MS; wet chemistry, lead removal projects monitoring, sub-surface explorations, health and safety.
- Environmental remediation and chemical emergency response; industrial hygiene, health and safety training, Troxler operations and soils inspector.
Kelly Scientific Resources
- Research and development wet chemistry, process safety management and risk.
- Management planning; industrial hygiene, laboratory operations and wet chemistry.
Tech-Aid Staffing Services
- GC/GC/MS: Wet chemistry, A and G protein columns, ELISA, gel, and western blot electrophoresis, standards preparation.
- SHE Coordinator/Industrial Hygienist of chemical research and development pilot plant complex.
- Safety Consultant to a chemical plant seeking inclusion in OSHA SHARP program.
- Senior Project Manager to IAQ/mold/asbestos lead paint consulting company.
- Senior Industrial Hygienist/Safety Lead after hurricanes Katrina and Rita, New Orleans, LA.
- Radiation Safety/Protection for BNSF Railroad spur addition.
- SHE Program Developer for chemical plant - pilot plant to start up.
- Principal Asbestos Inspector, coal fired power plant.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Train-the-Trainer
- 16 Hour E.P.A. Mold and Mold Remediation Course
- NIOSH 582
- Asbestos Awareness for maintenance/janitorial personnel
- HAZWOPER, Awareness/24 hour Specialist and annual refresher
- Technician and annual refresher; Confined Space/Confined Space Rescue; Level A
Training: Worker, industrial civilian and safety
- Master fitness trainer
- Training instructor, Senior Instructor (BTMS level 3)
- Train the trainer (BTMS level 2)
- Trainers' workshop (BTMS level 1)
- Troxler nuclear density gauge
- Forklift Train-the-Trainer; OSHA 500 Trainer
- Military - Trainers workshop (BTMS level 1), Train-the-Trainer (BTMS level 2), Training Instructor (BTMS level 3)
- Certified Safety Auditor
- Construction: Certificate of EH&S Management, Safety Training/Planning Manager, Master Safety Administrator, Advanced Safety, Professional, Integrated Safety Manager, Licensed Safety Professional
- National Association of Safety Professionals
- Construction Safety Course and OSHA 500 Trainer; BNSF Railroad Contractors Safety Orientation, ISO 14000 Course, OSHA 18001 Course, BP Naperville, IL Research Lab/Pilot Plant Complex Contractors Safety; Certificate of Industrial Hygiene Management Columbia Southern University; HAZWOPER certified to Incident Command level, and NIMS certified, Supervisor for confined space, and confined space rescue
- U.S. Army Chemical Corps Primary, Basic, Advanced, and Senior NCO Courses; Industrial Hygiene Initial (phase 1, and phase 2) and Intermediate, Radiation Safety Course, Combat Lifesaver Course.
- U.S. Army Chemical Corps Certified MOS 54B4H.
Honors & Publications
- Professional Registration: R.P.I.H., Registered Professional Industrial Hygienist
- SPC, TQM, ISO 9002, Continuous Improvement.
- HACCP Quality Control Programs.
- LEED protocols.
- JCAHO Environment of Care; Respirator Qualified; on-hand equipment for conducting some basic Industrial Hygiene and Safety surveys, Radiation Safety, Biological Safety, and Chemical Hygiene Office.
- EPA and DOT requirements, Construction Safety.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Association of Professional Industrial Hygienists
- American Chemical
- Division of Chemical Health and Safety
- Division of Chemical Toxicology
- Division of Industrial Chemistry
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
- Council on Certification of Health, Environmental, and Safety Technologists
- National Association of Safety Professionals
- Institute for Hazardous Materials Management
- National Environmental Health Association
- National Fire Protection Association
- B.S. Occupational Safety and Health, Almeda University, Boise, ID