- Automotive systems and component failure analysis, vehicle, vehicle fires, vehicle theft and recovery.
- Gas chromatograph use for accelerant identification.
- Court qualified expert, deposed numerous times.
- Assisted attorneys, prosecutors and insurance companies concerning causes of accidents, insurance fraud, consumer fraud, and fatalities.
- Well versed in any automotive subject and systems.
- Occupant restraint systems examination and crash data retrieval interpretation.
- Seat belts and supplemental inflatable restraint systems.
- Vehicle major assembly failure analysis.
- Power plant, transmission, failure analysis and causation.
- Unintended sudden acceleration investigation.
- Electronic throttle control systems.
Expert Witness Experience
- Municipal Court - Sudden Unintended Acceleration - Reckless Driving citation dismissed
- County Court - Insurance Fraud - Agency responsible
- State Court - Vehicle Theft and Recovery - Vehicle stolen with use of keys- fraudulent claim
- State Court - Civil Court - Personal Injury - claim disproved
Independent Consultant,(CFO), 2013 - Present
- Provide forensics examination of vehicle mechanical systems for the legal, insurance and private industries.
Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, NJ, Professor - Automotive Technology, 1976 - 2013
- Technician preparation - various automotive mechanical subjects as assigned.
- Curriculum development and updating.
- Update personal training as required.
- Hands-on training.
Hard Facts Investigative Engineering, Freehold, NJ, Forensic Technologist, 1999 - 2006
Performed over 900 vehicle claim examinations:
- Theft recovery
- Origin and cause fires
- Gas chromatographic analysis for accelerant identification
- Brake system failure
- Anti-lock brake system failure
- Steering system failure
- Suspension system failure
- Seat belt examinations
- Air bag crash data retrieval
- Sudden unintended acceleration claims
- Engine and transmission catastrophic failures
- Tire failures
- Fractured wheel analysis
- Analytical reviews
- Lubricant analysis for claim of theft motive or as part of failure analysis.
Toyota Motor Company, Torrance, CA, Technician Training, 1986 - 2013
- Automatic transmission and transaxle training
- Update curriculum as required
- Update personal training as required
General Motors Corporation, Warren, MI, Technician Training, 1984 - 2013
Technician training courses and diagnostics for the following:
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Diesel Engine Systems
- Brakes and Anti-lock Brake Systems
- Occupant Restraint and Protection System
- Vehicle Security System
- Vehicle Computer System
- Fuel Injection System
- Audio and Entertainment System
- Various Accessory Systems
- Training Center 12A Manager
Midas International, Pallatine, IL, Technician Training, 1983 - 1986
- Technician training and diagnosis: Brake and Anti-lock Brake Systems.
Honors & Publications
- General Motors Corporation, certified in over 570 vehicle systems design, operation, and Ford Motor Company, certified in over 50 vehicle systems design and operation.
- Toyota-Lexus Motor Companies, certified in transmissions and electrical systems, design and operation.
- Midas International, certified in vehicle brake systems and anti-lock brakes, design and operation.
- Instructor of Automotive Technology, Grades 13-17
- Teaching Certification, K-12
- Instructor of Gas and Electric Welding
- Licensed Principal and Supervisor
- Locksmith License
- Automotive Service Excellence - Master Technician
- Automotive Service Excellence - Refrigerant recovery and recycling
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- National Education Association - New Jersey Education Association
- Antique Automobile Club of America
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- International Technical Trainer of the Year Award, General Motors
- Recognized as Technical Engineer, Society of Automotive Engineers
- Author, Co Author of numerous publications, educational text and a Guest Speaker
- M.Ed. Industrial Engineering Education Technology, Trenton State College, Trenton, NJ
- B.A. Industrial Engineering Education Technology, Trenton State College, Trenton, NJ