- Sterile packaging, design, production and testing of medical devices.
- Microbial film barrier of porous materials.
- Electronic printed circuit board production and assembly.
- Electronic PCB failure analysis and process troubleshooting.
- Organic matrix composite material production and troubleshooting.
- Injection molding of thermoset and thermoplastic resins.
- Compounding of high performance elastomeric resins.
- Material selection/optimization for harsh environments.
Technical Marketing Associate, DuPont TyvekÂ® Medical Packaging
- Chaired the adoption of several ASTM test methods and guides.
- Provided guidance to customers in the creation of new self-adhesive film structures, FDA qualification of new medical devices, package design for sterility assurance, and test method development.
- Developed and patented an internationally recognized physical test method for accurately measuring the microbial barrier of porous sterile packaging materials.
- Developed an FDA approved protocol for transferring the global medical packaging market from TyvekÂ® 1073B to material from the new production lines.
Sr. Assistant to Operations, DuPont Advanced Composites
- Developed tooling and improved processes for the manufacture of flight hardware for Hughes Aircraft telecommunication satellites.
- Performed data analysis and designed experiments to better understand the interaction between process conditions and the quality of the final product.
Sr. Technical Representative, DuPont Photo Systems and Electronics Department
- Primary technical advisor to customers building and assembling printed circuit boards, including photo chemistry, metal finishing, and high temperature adhesive systems. Typical problems encountered included corrosion, adhesion failure, contamination, and machine design.
Field service representative: Elastomers Division, DuPont
- Solved customers' manufacturing problems, instructed them in the techniques needed to avoid future problems, and supported new product development with NordelÂ® and VitonÂ® polymer systems.
- Areas of involvement included compound formulation, and paint and adhesion system development troubleshooting in the automotive and aerospace industries.
Honors & Publications
Patented internationally recognized physical test method for accurately measuring the microbial barrier of porous sterile packaging materials
B.S., Chemistry, University of Delaware, 1967
Graduate work at University of New Hampshire and University of Utah