- Specializing in chemical and biotech industries
- OSHA: Regulatory compliance, recordkeeping, rules, policies and procedures, facility inspections and audit
- Construction safety, safe work permits, contractor safety programs
- Safety program development, implementation, effectiveness measurement and improvement
- Employee involvement programs, safety committee enhancement, safety training
- Hand injury prevention
- Bloodborne pathogen programs
- Accident investigation
- Industrial hygiene
- Hazard assessment and analysis
- Hazard communication
- Hazardous energy control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Training design, development and delivery
- EHS information management
Independent Safety Consultant, 1999 - Present
Rohm & Haas Company, 1980 - 1999
Safety Director, Research Division
- Oversaw EHS initiatives and compliance including inspections, safety permits, contractor safety, employee training, and legislative and regulatory compliance for overall stakeholder protection.
EHS Coordinator, Research Division
- Implemented Instructional System Design as preferred model for EHS training, insuring consistency and compliance.
- Conducted incident investigations, identifying and eliminating root causes, and communicating relevant issues to employees and management.
- Served as Site Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) Coordinator.
- Served as Safety Officer of HazMat team for 3 years.
- Conducted Safety and Health audits of company manufacturing locations.
Chemical Process Engineer
- Conducted bench top research into emulsion polymer isolation techniques and attendant scale-up studies leading to domestic and overseas plant process design and implementation.
- Conducted plant process improvement and product improvement studies.
- Evaluated large-scale equipment - dryers, separators, mixers, and pumps - for potential process plant installation.
Union Camp Corporation, Princeton, NJ, 1975 -1980
Chemical Process Engineer
- Conducted research in paper pulp washing operations.
- Improved water utilization in pulp and paper mills, wastewater volume reduction, alternative biological and mechanical processes for water clean-up, improved by-product recovery, and reduced sulfur-compound air emissions.
Honors & Publications
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Environmental Training Association
- National Safety Council
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA,
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA,