- Operating technical consultant referral network companies.
- TiO2 products and markets.
- Advanced ceramic materials, tough ceramic composites and ceramic parts.
- Fluoropolymer materials, films and devices.
- Competitive product assessment; product and capital financial analysis.
- Business strategy development; team building.
- New business development and start-up.
- Marketing research, pricing and value analysis.
- Intellectual property and product valuation.
- Technology/product penetration modeling.
- Idea generation and group creativity.
The CECON Group, Inc., 2003 - Present
Program Manger, 2010
- Marketing, administrative and project managment support of the CECON technical consulting referral business
President, 2003 - 2010
- Leadership for 25 year old technical consulting referral firm with more than 1100 network consulting experts.
- Guide business in current technical consulting sectors (legal, pharmaceutical, technical problem solving) and lead firm in new areas of of biotechnology, nanomaterials and technology and product concept valuation.
CPM Industries, Inc, Wilmington, DE
- General Manager of small company importing titanium dioxide from China and selling to glass, ceramic, electronic and paper customers in North America.
- Skilled in all phases of the import business.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., Elkton, Maryland
- Product manager for fluoropolymer composite films used for high performance printed wiring boards for high-speed computer and microwave applications.
- Led start up team making novel GORE-TEX ePTFE/silicon elastomer composite
- Started-up new business for engineered composite gaskets for plate heat exchangers.
- Mapped and quantified the sources, types and resale opportunities for scrap PTFE.
E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Inc., Wilmington, Delaware
DuPont Lanxide Composites Inc.
- Venture Manager
Polymer Products Department
- Planning Manager (1984-1986)
- Manager, Marketing Research (1981-1983)
- Technical Service Supervisor (1978-1980)
- Assistant Product Manager (1977)
- Development Representative (1976)
- Sales Representative (1973-1975)
- Technical Service Representative (1972)
- Financial Analyst (1969-1971)
- MBA, Brigham Young University
- B.S., Chemistry, Brigham Young University