Chemicals & Specialty Chemicals
World-class Chemical Consultants and Project-focused Interdisciplinary Teams
With the company founded by DuPont scientists and engineers, CECON has a history steeped in supporting clients in the chemicals and specialty chemicals industries. With our breadth of chemical industry experience, chemical consultants, chemical engineering consultants, and project-focused interdisciplinary teams have been formed to provide the following support to clients:
- Process flow diagrams (PFD) segmented by unit operations and sized to the capacity of the chemical, petroleum, and other and related chemical engineering processes.
- Mass and heat balances of chemical processes.
- Equipment identification and sizing, including heat exchangers, distillation columns, pumps, piping, vessels, storage facilities and process sensors, controls and safety systems.
- Process chemist experts providing raw material specifications, in-process quality control, and chemical reaction kinetics that could be related to catalysis, temperature, pressure, material concentration, and other kinetic and thermodynamic issues.
- Process design and simulations using such tools as Aspen Plus and Aspen Polymer Plus.
- Defining the chemical processes, unit operations, mass and heat balances and other basic chemical engineering data necessary for final process design and development of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
- Organic and inorganic chemists providing analyses of various materials, including: adhesives & sealants, carbohydrates , colloids, fuels/ petrochemicals, halocarbons/ fluorocarbons/ chlorofluorocarbons, hydrocarbons, monomers, solvents, minerals, salts, ceramics, pigments, metallic compounds and non-covalently linked carbon compounds, and organometallic materials (e.g. TiCl4 or (titanium tetrachloride) or SiCl2(OC2H5)2 (dichloro silane).