The consultants in the CECON network understand the needs of the agriculture industry: some have farming backgrounds, and two of our experts are adjunct faculty members of the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, where they teach Environmental Law and Regulation. CECON has advised clients on many agricultural and food issues.
Controlled Release / Microencapsulation
The controlled release of agricultural chemicals is a key technology. Catastrophic damage has occurred as a result of improper dosing of pesticides and fertilizers. The formulation and application of such fertilizers, herbicides, and insecticides require the utmost in care and professionalism. Agriculture experts in the CECON network have experience in controlled release technology, fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, nematicides, pesticides, and plant chemistry.
Our experience includes:
- Assisting firms with the registration of new pesticide formulations.
- EPA registration of an all-organic herbicide.
See some of our agriculture experts.
Food and Beverage
CECON has a broad history with the food and beverage industries. Our consultants have experience with FDA compliance and regulations, freeze drying, food processing and packaging, food and beverage formulations, including brewing and spirits, and dietary supplements / nutraceuticals.
Here are a few of the projects supported by CECON:
- For a producer of dehydrated foods, a CECON consultant developed procedures for retail packaging of dehydrated and freeze-dried foods that substantially improved efficiency and reduced costs.
- For an insurance carrier, CECON sent a consultant to Latin American to inspect a damaged freighter cargo of food and determine the extent of loss.
- For a venture capital firm, a CECON consultant assisted in formulation and refinement of a new food product.
- For a law firm concerning a major food product recall lawsuit, a CECON consultant gave expert testimony on the fitness for the food use.
See some of our food and beverage experts.